Sunday, May 5, 2013

I am going home!

I was born a city girl, but moved to the country when I was 8. I loved it there. We raised horses, chickens, bunnies, beagles, ducks, and even an adorable calf that never grew up! I remember helping my dad plant simple things like tomatoes, potatoes, green beans, cucumbers, squash, etc. I moved to the big city to attend college. Now that I am getting older, I am missing my early years, and the country girl lifestyle. My family and I have decided to pack up, and move back to the country this summer, come July. It might be a little late in the season, but we are anxious to use our new found knowledge to plant some yummy treats! Living in the city has prevented us from being the small time farmers we have always dreamed of, so we used our time as city folk wisely. We have studied so many books and articles on growing crops, raising milk goats, etc. I am so excited to leave the city and breathe some fresh country air! The best part is that my older sister and her family will be living on the same acreage, as well as my parents. Now my family will get to enjoy the country together! I will keep you updated on our crazy country ramblings once we are all settled into our new family of 10! Kids of all ages, 20somethings, mid thirties, and beyond all living together on one property with a zoo of animals ranging from rats, ferrets, lizards, birds, dogs, cats, fish, mice, hamsters, not to mention the new livestock/fowl we plan on adding should be a handful, and provide everyone with countless laughs from the stories I will have to share. I am so excited to be able to let my whole family participate in product testing and reviews, it should be a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. I grew up in the city, but always felt like a country girl at hearts. My family moved to the country when I was 12. I feel the country is where I belong. I have a managerie myself consisting of unwanted pets, including three dogs, a cat, two rabbits, and three lizards. I'd like to eventually get a few pygmy goats, a potbellied pig, and chicken. My dream is to one day own a horse. I'm lucky to have several horse farms around me.

    I look forward to hearing more about your county adventures. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete